We’ve all been there. That “oh my gosh” moment when you realised that you’ve left something very important at home after you have arrived at your destination; which is normally very far from home.
Taking long trips can be overwhelming. You can be so excited for a much needed getaway or nervous for a business transaction that will meet you on the other side that you could easily forget some of the most basic but usually important items at home.
Travel checklists are an important part of any journey. So important, that it is advised that even the most organised individuals keep to one.
To make things easy for you, Mega Bus, a leading provider of passenger transport solutions, brings you a 2017 travel checklist to ensure that you remember to pack the most essential items before embarking on your bus trip.
Seeing that this is a general checklist, feel free to delete the items that are irrelevant to your trip.
Things to remember
- Let loved ones or friends know where you are going and for how long
- Arrange for someone to check in at your place often or to feed pets/ water plants
- If you tend on forgetting small items such as keys, leave your house keys with someone you can trust
- Arrange for lifts to and from your boarding and disembarking locations and your destinations
- Nominate a person who you can notify of your travelling progress and latest stops so that they can arrange for assistance should you be in trouble
- Pack snacks and water to keep you fed and hydrated on the bus
- Write down important numbers of the area you are visiting so that you don’t get stuck in a difficult situation. These include sector police, emergency and ambulance services, and community policing forums
Essentials to pack
- Identity document
- Bus ticket
- Wallet and all bank cards you would need
- Important numbers of loved ones or friends in writing
- Phone, charger (and charging bank if possible) and airtime
- Earphones or headphones
- All electronics needed (laptop, tablet, camera) along with their chargers
- Multi-plug and two-point plug converter
- Enough complete outfits for every day as well as extra clothing for emergencies and sleepwear
- Adequate emergency money in cash to get home or arrange for emergency transport (not to be kept in anything that may be stolen)
- A pair of shoes for each occasion (formal, casual, practical)
- Important medication (including antiseptic, headache and heartburn tablets)
- First-aid kit
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A few toilet rolls for in case none are available
- Shampoos and soaps
- Sunscreen and other preferred lotions
- Hairdryer, hairbrush, straightener, hair clips and ties, and any waxes or gels you might use
- A razor
- A pillow and a blanket
- Entertainment such as magazines, puzzle games etc
Optional depending on your destination
- Beach towel
- Beach games
- Insect repellent
We hope this helps in making your journey a smooth one. If you ever need reliable passenger transport services for a large group, feel free to contact us.