Wherever in the world, you find yourself, you have most likely heard of South Africa and/ or considered visiting this unique destination.
Being one of South Africa’s leading Coach hire services, Mega Bus can share all the inside information with you. Mega Bus is often employed to transport travelling groups to any South African destination. We are well known for our airport transfers, but our coaches with our professional drivers can take groups to wherever they need to go.
Here are some unique facts that make South Africa a fantastic travel destination.
1. It’s home to one of the world’s six floral kingdoms. South Africa’s The Cape Floral Kingdom is the only floral kingdom contained wholly in a single country.
2. It’s an all-in-one type of country. While one has to travel far and wide to experience desert life much as one would to see a subtropical forest, one trip to South Africa can bag you several experiences. In this country, you can see wetlands, deserts, grasslands, bush, subtropical forests, mountains and escarpments.
3. It’s the only country in the world to have hosted the three main World Cup events, namely; Soccer, Rugby and Cricket.
4. It’s affordable. While it often frustrates South Africans, the country’s economy can really be taken advantage of by foreign visitors. The products and services are of high quality, but you are likely to pay so much less for it.
5. Heaven if you love wine. There are around 560 wineries and 4 400 primary producers scattered around the Cape Winelands. Its Route 62 is considered the longest wine route in the world.
6. Home to the Lost City. This luxury themed resort in Sun City, in the North West province, is the largest of its kind in the world. The Palace of the Lost City is a 25-hectare man-made jungle with around two million trees, plants and shrubs.
7. Cradle of Humankind. Situated in the western parts of the Gauteng Province, the Cradle of Humankind is any international tourist’s dream. It is believed to be the place of origin of human life and is also where the young Homo naledi remains were recently discovered. The Cradle consists of Maropeng visitors centre, Sterkfontein Caves and several other caverns, restaurants, lodges and much more.
8. More than 2 000 shipwrecks can be found off the South African coast, dating as far back as 500 years. Be sure to contact us with your travel arrangements when you are ready to visit this beautiful country and book your transport. Click here to contact us.